Fantasy Baseball: 2 Start Pitchers Week of 7/18
Just a quick update on some sleepers today….
1. Chris Capuano (FLA, @FLA) – Capuano has been heating up posting a 3.00 ERA in July and a 3.25 ERA previously in June. Florida has been doing better, but he should be able to get one win out of this week, if not two (ERA: 4.12, WHIP: 1.35)
2. Bartolo Colon (@TB, OAK) – Injury concerns or not, he’s facing two good matchups this week, and he has been very good most of the season. Don’t jump off the bandwagon yet. (ERA: 3.47, WHIP: 1.22)
3. Tyler Chatwood (TEX, @BAL) – Tyler’s been hit or miss for the Angels this year. Call it a gut feeling that he handles Texas at home, and then proceeds to own the O’s on the road. (ERA: 3.62, WHIP: 1.55)
4. Josh Collmenter (MIL, COL) –He was on top of the fantasy world for a few weeks when he was first called up, and fell back to earth. Pick him up. He doesn’t wow you, but he’s on a contending playoff team, yes the Dbacks. (ERA: 2.92, WHIP: 1.00)
5. Jeff Niemann (NYY, @KC) – Now that he’s back, he’s been solid over the past 4 starts with an anomaly in Houston. Grab him. (ERA: 4.33, WHIP: 1.42)
Shoot me pitching questions or topics to discuss for future postings via twitter @EightGamesBack.