Fantasy Baseball: 2 Start Pitchers Week of 8/1
1. Corey Luebke (LAD, @PIT) – By now, I wouldn’t expect Corey to be < 50% owned. Since being transitioned to a starter, his only bad start was his last vs. the Dbacks. Start him confidently vs. Dodgers/Pirates this week. (ERA: 2.92, WHIP: .95)
2. Paul Maholm (CHC, SD) – Maholm has a 2.37 ERA @ PNC Park. In addition the Pirates face two winnable games against two non-contending squads in the Cubs/Padres. (ERA: 3.16, WHIP: 1.25)
3. Bud Norris (CIN, MIL) – Norris has a 2.93 ERA at home. He should be an automatic start at least for ERA/WHIP, if not for Ws after Houston has traded away their entire team… (ERA: 3.39, WHIP: 1.27)
4. Brian Duensing (@LAA, CHW) – Duensing won’t wow you with numbers, but he’s a solid start vs. weak-hitting Angels. The Twins determined to make a run at the AL central, will need a strong Aug/Sep form Brian. (ERA: 4.35, WHIP: 1.42)
5. Phil Hughes (@CHW, @BOS) – Yanks have been quiet at the trade deadline, so this must mean they have confidence in ughes to solidify the back end of their rotation. Tough matchups this week away vs. a pair of Sox teams, but worth picking up for the long run…. (ERA: 8.24, WHIP: 1.89)
Shoot me pitching questions or topics to discuss for future postings via Twitter @EightGamesBack.