Fantasy Football Week 10 Defense/Special Team Rankings
- Eagles (Vs. Cards) The Eagles will be angry from their defeat at the hands of the Bears last week and will be taking their vengeance out on poor Mr. John Skelton and company. Kevin Kolb wants a shot at his former team but it looks like he will likely sit another week.
- Ravens (@ Seahawks) The Ravens defense will have to continue to fire on all cylinders to make up for the lack of consistency their offense has been showing over the past 3 weeks. I like the Ravens D in this one even though it’s on the road and can see them smothering an underwhelming Hawks offense.
- Steelers (@ Bengals) The Steelers lost a close rival game in week 9 and they will be ready to play the other top squad in their division. I predict a lower scoring game here and that can only help your fantasy cause if you are a Steelers defense owner, Start them with confidence this week.
- Dolphins (vs. Skins) The Skins have been sacked 10 times in the last 2 weeks with 3 INT’s. Look for that trend to continue in Miami on Sunday. This should be Miami’s best fantasy performance of the year.
- 49ers (vs.Giants) The 49ers have been awesome this year under their new head coach and they get a home game against a banged up Giants team. Ahmad Bradshaw will likely miss the game and Brandon Jacobs will have trouble running the ball against this top tier squad. They have the weapons to air it out and it looks like Hakeem Nicks will dress in this one but I like the 49ers at home in this battle.
- Packers (vs. Vikings) The Packers are at home and look to stay perfect against the rookie Christian Ponder and his band of Vikings. The Vikes will probably move the ball through the air against the Pack but as we saw last week, they can give up 400 yards and 30 points but still give you a good fantasy score. I expect much of the same from them on the Monday night stage.
- Texans ( @ Bucs) The Texans have had three big fantasy outputs in a row and have been playing amazing considering they have been without their star defender Mario Williams. The Bucs have been unimpressive on offense for the most part this year and the Texans have their eye on the division crown. I like the Texans to score you at least 14 fantasy points this week.
- Giants (@ 49ers) The Giants have been a solid unit for fantasy purposes this year and were able to lock down 14 points last week against the potent Patriots. Frank Gore is favoring an ankle injury which does not help their cause. The G-men have been dynamite against defending the Tight End this year which will also take Vernon Davis out of the game. The Giants are ranked at 8 but if they can actually win this game chances are they will finish in the top 5. If Gore doesn’t play you can move this defense up a couple more spots.
- Jaguars (@ Colts) The Colts offense has been reeling and the Jags defense has been surprisingly decent this year. They have been stellar against the pass and the Colts don’t have much of a run game right now. The Jags will play like a top 10 fantasy defense this week.
- Lions (@ Bears) The Lions defense was top dogs the week before their bye and they travel to Chicago to smash up Jay Cutler and the boys. Cutler enjoyed a sack free night last week against the Eagles but the Lions will want to remedy that and put pressure on the QB.
- Chargers (vs. Raiders) The Chargers defense is due for a big game and Darren McFadden is ruled out for Thursday night. If they can control the run game and focus on Carson Palmer there could be a pick six coming in this game. Palmer played much better last week but he has thrown 6 picks in 2 weeks.
- Browns (vs. Rams) The Browns are at home and will look to bounce back a week after it appeared they packed one in. I see this playing as a lower scoring game which is what the Browns need if they want to actually win the football game. Bradford has been tentative and the Browns have been a top 5 unit against opposing Qb’s and WR’s in fantasy this year. Look for my boy Joe Haden to zero in on Sam Bradford on Sunday.
- Bengals (vs. Steel) The Bengals have been one of the biggest surprises this year and if you would have told me at the beginning of the year that they would be neck and neck with the Steelers and the Ravens I would have told you to go fly a kite. The Bengals are for real and this is a huge game for them. If they can force Big Ben into some mistakes and keep pressure on him this unit will be a top 10 play.
- Rams (@ Browns) The Rams are not that good of a defense but they played well last week and the Browns aren’t exactly considered high octane. Colt McCoy throws the majority of his passes in a west coast 10 yard or less fashion and the Rams could easily bottle up this anemic offense.
- Cowboys (vs. Bills) The Boys have a home game against the Bills, they are great against the run but Fred Jackson may be playing with a chip on his shoulder after the Jets bottled him up last week. I don’t like this match up this week because you don’t know which Bills team is going to show up. Avoid them if you can unless you know what Bills team will be playing on Sunday.
- Skins ( @ Phins) I like the Phins in this one as I stated earlier but obviously they only have 1 win to speak of on the season and this could easily go the other way if Mike Shannahan somehow inspires this injured and ineffective offense. Either way the Skins defense will be a key to their success and if they can get to Matt Moore and bottle up the Dolphin rush attack they could be worth a flier if you’re desperate.
- Jets (vs. Patriots) I can’t in good conscious recommend using the Jets against the Patriots because they are such a great offense. The Jets however could perform and shut down anyone on any given week, with that being said it is too risky to ever start a defense against the Patriots. Use at your own risk, but as Christopher Walken would say, stand warned.
- Chiefs (vs. Broncos) They are at home and they were embarrassed by the Dolphins last week. I don’t trust them as far as I can throw them and Tim Tebow seems to have the grace of God over his shoulder. I don’t like to play around with that and find the Chiefs to be a hazardous situation.
- Bears (vs.Lions) Playing the deadly Lions offense could be disastrous for the Bears defense and they are a high risk play for fantasy.
- Bills (@ Cowboys) see number 19 and apply the same logic.
Week 9 Disclosure
- 49ers 8
- Steelers 16
- Texans 1
- Bengals 14
- Cowboys 8
- Chiefs 28
- Packers 1
- Ravens 12
- Raiders 27
- Eagles 11
- Falcons 3
- Saints 18
You can follow me on Twitter @FD_Rocs